"Temporary Peace"

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Real Birthday Post


I'm happy!
Apparently I'm into testing hypotheses a lot these days, so here's the new one:
I wanted to see how many people would actually show up with respect to how many people I expected. Well, I tried to count, and the count says 34 people that I remember (muahaha) seeing at the party last night, while I expected like 20.

Last night was wonderful, and the following things happened (among others):
1. I spent a lot of time standing on the table and proposing toasts (rather, having people propose toasts for me)... The toasts (given by Alish and Stephen mainly) were pretty amazing and I didn't know people think good things about me in addition to the bad things :-P
2. To explain the above: I drank about 5 shots in the first 45 minutes of the party, and I was an hour late for my own party.
3. I was wearing a black dress which amazingly enough still fits me and looks good on me.
4. Daniel Rozeboom showed up to my surprise-- he's in my CS70 class and goes to Table Manners very often (probably because he's a DJ too). We spent quite a long time talking to each other and at some point went to the Wash.
5. I love Snezhana's balcony.
6. Someone brought a hookah but I don't remember when.
7. Natasha, Jessica and Natalie brought stuff when they showed up two hours late, which I don't remember (the stuff, not the act of bringing), among which one could find a gift for me, wine, and snacks.
8. I did not for a moment think about that ghost in my life.

Today was awesome as well. Andreea, Karin, Andrew and I went to the village for dinner. We spent a long time trying to figure out where we wanted to go, but decided on Walters eventually. The waiters there were umm... quite friendly :-P I ordered a glass of Merlot and when the guy brought it to me, I asked him if he needs to see an ID, and he said "No, I trust you." I was like, "Oh, okay, thank you... It's my birthday anyway." He then said "Oh well I want to see an ID then... You have to get carded on your birthday!" :) Funny, isn't it.
Later this other waiter was pretty friendly too and given the beer and the wine I had consumed already, we sort of seemed to be flirting or something while discussing the dessert options. Casual flirting, nothing interesting though. And when we were about to order a dessert, the first waiter said there was "something on the way" already... So we got this huge cute sundae for free :)
Then we went to buy wine (Andreea's idea, not mine!) and on the way back stopped by Starbucks, where we got coffee for free too because we had to wait for it.

What else is there to say? I'm 21, and I thank you God because I'm happy and I've stopped obsessing for a while, I hope forever :-P
P.S. All pictures taken by my dear friend Nacho :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home