Life is Beautiful
This was the best night of my life, ever. I haven't laughed so much or felt so happy that I'm alive in a long time.
So it all started in the terminal room, as all other important events in my life in the past few months. April and I were working on our assignment and we were making progress, but we were still slightly worried that we might not finish on time. At 8 we went to Sundaes with Computer Science which was awkward at the beginning as there weren't many people other than us CS70 kids, but then things got better and we actually lured some non-CS majors into joining us and talking about CS. BFS showed up at some point who I didn't really want to see, and he was smiling and all which slightly annoyed me since he didn't reply to my email and it doesn't really make sense to be smiling at someone so much if you didn't even reply to their email.
Anyway, fortunately BFS left at some point, soon after which the solution to our problem jumped at me and we were very pleased. At that moment everybody was looking at me being all happy and spinning in my chair, and someone suggested going to snack. I was very enthusiastic about the idea since I was very enthusiastic about life in that moment, and I managed to convince April to come too, so we all went to snack :-D All includes Steven, Patrick, April, Frank, Michael Carter, Tally, and myself. There we sat at a table with Dan's roommate James who I had never officially met before, but he seemed to be a nice guy.
When we returned to our terminal room, Dan was there too, along with Jeff Jablonski and Tim Brown and maybe one other person, I don't remember. The room was full and/but the atmosphere was pretty nice. At some point Frank was walking around and asked me something about the pizza thing and said that Dan shouldn't be taking credit for it, and before I even managed to say that Dan should in fact be given credit because he was the one who got the pizza, all the guys got very loud and eventually the idea was brought up that, "So Adi, could we get pizza right now?" I thought well, I have the checks, and "as a liaison" I should do what everyone wants to do, so I said okay, we can. But then it turned out Dan was slightly offended by Frank's comments and when I think about it, it did seem like "it was all about being a dick to Dan." So initially I was confused about what to do cause I don't like anyone being mean to anyone else, so I told them I don't want any conflict and we're not getting any pizza before we're all okay with doing that. Fortunately the matter was resolved so we decided we would get pizza.
For some reason my vast knowledge of Domino's services showed so everyone decided it's very appropriate that I be called the Pizza Ambassador, which was fun :-P Then however Michael showed more prowess with ordering and dealing with the pizza people, so I think he's doing that next time.
We had some pizza and kept working (if that's at all possible in a room with so many guys playing Quake and talking and generally having fun despite the huge amount of work ahead of them.) Dan was fixing my Emacs so I could get it colorful and stuff, but that's not important. Also at some point we talked about Mikey, Prof. Aaron and some other wonderful people who Dan and I seemed to know best for some reason.
Here comest the funniest part. I'm talking to April and Patrick asks me a question, so in the middle of turning my attention to him and replying that yes, I will answer his question, I jokingly say "on your knees" (as a requirement for him to get his question answered.) At that very moment Patrick, Steven and Dan start cracking up and I'm like "guys, please, I was just kidding!" which I actually also said before they started laughing like crazy, but I wasn't heard obviously. Dan said how my Eastern European accent was very appropriate and later said that the serious expression on my face and my "commitment to the joke" were extremely convincing. They kept being entertained by my "on your knees" whenever I said anything remotely related to it. Dan was like "I'm sorry Adi, it's just not gonna stop being funny" :-P Oh well, I'm glad they were amused :-P
So anyway, there was a very wonderful relationship between April, Patrick, Steven, Dan, and I tonight, probably because we were in the same part of that tiny terminal room. However everyone in the terminal room was like a part of this lovely CS family we are.
It's definitely worth mentioning that April and I finally finished our assignment and now only need to do comments and final testing.
Conclusion: I love these people, and I love my life! Thank you, God! :)
So it all started in the terminal room, as all other important events in my life in the past few months. April and I were working on our assignment and we were making progress, but we were still slightly worried that we might not finish on time. At 8 we went to Sundaes with Computer Science which was awkward at the beginning as there weren't many people other than us CS70 kids, but then things got better and we actually lured some non-CS majors into joining us and talking about CS. BFS showed up at some point who I didn't really want to see, and he was smiling and all which slightly annoyed me since he didn't reply to my email and it doesn't really make sense to be smiling at someone so much if you didn't even reply to their email.
Anyway, fortunately BFS left at some point, soon after which the solution to our problem jumped at me and we were very pleased. At that moment everybody was looking at me being all happy and spinning in my chair, and someone suggested going to snack. I was very enthusiastic about the idea since I was very enthusiastic about life in that moment, and I managed to convince April to come too, so we all went to snack :-D All includes Steven, Patrick, April, Frank, Michael Carter, Tally, and myself. There we sat at a table with Dan's roommate James who I had never officially met before, but he seemed to be a nice guy.
When we returned to our terminal room, Dan was there too, along with Jeff Jablonski and Tim Brown and maybe one other person, I don't remember. The room was full and/but the atmosphere was pretty nice. At some point Frank was walking around and asked me something about the pizza thing and said that Dan shouldn't be taking credit for it, and before I even managed to say that Dan should in fact be given credit because he was the one who got the pizza, all the guys got very loud and eventually the idea was brought up that, "So Adi, could we get pizza right now?" I thought well, I have the checks, and "as a liaison" I should do what everyone wants to do, so I said okay, we can. But then it turned out Dan was slightly offended by Frank's comments and when I think about it, it did seem like "it was all about being a dick to Dan." So initially I was confused about what to do cause I don't like anyone being mean to anyone else, so I told them I don't want any conflict and we're not getting any pizza before we're all okay with doing that. Fortunately the matter was resolved so we decided we would get pizza.
For some reason my vast knowledge of Domino's services showed so everyone decided it's very appropriate that I be called the Pizza Ambassador, which was fun :-P Then however Michael showed more prowess with ordering and dealing with the pizza people, so I think he's doing that next time.
We had some pizza and kept working (if that's at all possible in a room with so many guys playing Quake and talking and generally having fun despite the huge amount of work ahead of them.) Dan was fixing my Emacs so I could get it colorful and stuff, but that's not important. Also at some point we talked about Mikey, Prof. Aaron and some other wonderful people who Dan and I seemed to know best for some reason.
Here comest the funniest part. I'm talking to April and Patrick asks me a question, so in the middle of turning my attention to him and replying that yes, I will answer his question, I jokingly say "on your knees" (as a requirement for him to get his question answered.) At that very moment Patrick, Steven and Dan start cracking up and I'm like "guys, please, I was just kidding!" which I actually also said before they started laughing like crazy, but I wasn't heard obviously. Dan said how my Eastern European accent was very appropriate and later said that the serious expression on my face and my "commitment to the joke" were extremely convincing. They kept being entertained by my "on your knees" whenever I said anything remotely related to it. Dan was like "I'm sorry Adi, it's just not gonna stop being funny" :-P Oh well, I'm glad they were amused :-P
So anyway, there was a very wonderful relationship between April, Patrick, Steven, Dan, and I tonight, probably because we were in the same part of that tiny terminal room. However everyone in the terminal room was like a part of this lovely CS family we are.
It's definitely worth mentioning that April and I finally finished our assignment and now only need to do comments and final testing.
Conclusion: I love these people, and I love my life! Thank you, God! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home