"Temporary Peace"

Monday, April 10, 2006

Sanguis et Cinis

I should get back to my gothy-ness. Seriosly. A chick from Pomona that I know is slightly gothy came to help at the museum today with her ultra-wolf-ish ultra-hot boyfriend who wore all black and was as skinny as the guys I used to date back home before the Ex of course. I was stunned. That's what I need, someone who takes my breath away because we cry to the same songs and dream of the same dissonance.
But where does one find goths in the area???

Anyway, so we built Mt. St. Holly today the eruption of which was rather pathetic. Check out Mark Allen's page for pics of previous installations... It was really cool today and I helped applying the leaves and petals etc :)

I rediscovered the beauty of Anathema's "Temporary Peace" which, as you can see, is also the title of my blog. Let me paste the lyrics here for you, and I count on you to download the song:

"Deep inside the silence
Staring out upon the sea
The waves washing over
Half forgotten memories
Deep within the moment
Laughter floats upon the breeze
Rising and falling dying down within me

And I swear I never knew how it could be
And all this time all I had inside was what I couldn't see
I swear I never knew how it could be
All the waves washing over all that hurts inside of me

Beyond this beautiful horizon
Lies a dream for you and I
This tranquil scene is still unbroken by the rumors in the sky
But there's a storm closing in
Voices crying on the wind
This serenade is growing colder breaks my soul that tries to sing
And there's so many, many thoughts
When I try to go to sleep
But with you I start to feel a sort of temporary peace

There's a drift in and out"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home